Established in Trieste (Italy) in 1831, Assicurazioni Generali SpA is a business with a history. The Generali Group is one of Europe’s biggest multiline insurers by market capitalisation, and it ranks in the top five insurers in the world by global premium income.
The Global Business Lines (GBL) division of Assicurazioni Generali provides access to integrated insurance and assistance solutions for corprorate clients to cover the business risks regarding employees and assets linked to property and people, comprising two units Global Corporate & Commercial (GC&C), covering property and casualty and special lines solutions, and Global Health & Benefits (GH&B), providing integrated employee benefits solutions.
The Legal team supporting the GBL division is a diverse and multicultural team, based in three locations (Milan, London and Luxembourg), reporting to the Head of Global Business Lines Legal Affairs.
For our Milan office, we are currently looking for a Global Business Lines Legal Counsel
Directly reporting to the Head of Global Business Lines Legal Affairs, the incumbent will be responsible for performing legal activities related to the operations of GBL. As Legal Counsel he/she will have the following responsibilities
- Proactively engage with GBL’s functions on legal matters and deliver legal expertise assisting the business in the effective identification, management and mitigation of the main legal and reputational risks.
- Draft and actively negotiate international and cross-border commercial agreements as well as day-by-day insurance or reinsurance, financing and treasury transactions.
- Advice the business on regulatory matters.
- Build, deploy and maintain legal tools, processes and policies (e.g. contract development and execution templates, deal set-up and implementation process).
- Support and provide advice to the Compliance function and to the businesses on regulation, court decisions and changes of laws.
- Support the GBL in legal activities related to extraordinary transactions (e.g. M&A), strategic partnerships, bank-assurance agreements.
- Address, monitor and/or manage litigations with a view to mitigate relative risks and contain costs.
- Participate & monitor the correct implementation and transposition of the Group’s internal regulations.
- Coordinate and review the work of external counsels and service providers with a view of minimizing costs.
- Contribute and/or co-lead cross-functional projects, also in relation to the implementation of new regulations.
- Provide legal training and coaching on legal matters.
- Degree in Law
- Experienced corporate and commercial lawyer with at least 5/7 years of experience and with a proven successful in-house track-record possibly within a multinational player and/or experience in an international reputable law firm.
- Insurance and re-insurance law practice background with a specific experience in corporate business as well as on international and cross border commercial arrangements would be a strong plus.
- Solid relationship building, communications, presentation, negotiation and organization skills.
- Effective and efficient problem solver with keen judgment and strong multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Ability to work across multi-country and multi-specialty teams.
- Capable of working in team.
- Fluent in English
- Travel will be required at times
- A permanent contract.
- A competitive salary level with benefits.
- The professional advantages of an international environment in a stable and reputable company.
Livello di anzianità
- Settore bancario
- Servizi finanziari
Tipo di impiego
A tempo pieno